In a quest to uproot Confederate names and statues, Austin, Texas, discovered the problematic legacy of Stephen F. Austin, who died before the Civil War. Jarrett Stepman joins us to discuss the latest push to eradicate history. Plus: There’s an uproar at the University of Virginia over hiring a Trump aide to be a one-year fellow.
Plus, we cover the following stories:
- Facebook says 290,000 people were following Facebook pages showing “coordinated inauthentic behavior.”
- President Donald Trump announces John Kelly will remain his chief of staff through 2020.
- Trump attacks the “globalist” Koch brothers, including their view on trade issues.
- CBS board plans investigation of CEO Les Moonves, who was accused of sexual misconduct.
- Eight states and D.C. are trying to stop a website with 3D gun blueprints.
- Senate Democrats demand to see Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s White House records.
The Daily Signal podcast is available on Ricochet, iTunes, SoundCloud, Google Play, or Stitcher. All of our podcasts can be found at DailySignal.com/podcasts. If you like what you hear, please leave a review. You can also leave us a message at 202-608-6205 or [email protected]. Enjoy the show!
Published at Wed, 01 Aug 2018 07:01:23 +0000